How to begin your child's journey...
As per the Ministry of Education, Sharjah:
- A student is admitted in KG1 if he/she is 4 years if age before 31st July in the year in which they are admitted.
- A student is admitted in KG2 if he/she is 5 years of age before 31st July in the year in which they are admitted.
- A student is admitted in Grade 1 if he/she is 6 years of age and does not exceed the age of 8 by 31st July in the year in which they are admitted.
- If the school the student is coming from follows the same curriculum as GMS, transfer should take place in the first month of the academic year.
- Students transferring from outside of the country must be enrolled in his/her current school and cannot be absent for more than one month.
- Students coming from within UAE (except Dubai and Abu Dhabi) must obtain the ISIS Number from their current school.
- Students transferring from a non-Indian curriculum school can only be admitted in the month of June, subject to the availability of seats.
Students must submit the following documents for admission:
- Pass Certificate/Final result of the last Grade level (except for KG & Grade 1 admissions). Admissions for all Grades, including KG and Grade 1, will require a duly attested Discontinued/Running TC after 31st May.
- If applying for registration during the academic year, students must present a transfer document.
- Birth Certificate
- Immunisation Certificate
- Valid passport with a minimum of 6 months’ validity. All 3 pages, first and last page of the passport and the visa page, must be on the same side of a single sheet, as per Ministry requirements.
- Valid Residence Visa with a minimum of 6 months’ validity.
- Emirates Identity Card with a minimum of 6 months’ validity. Both sides of the card can be copied onto the same sheet
- Father’s valid passport.
- Recent photo of the student (4cm x 6cm).
All certificates and documents must be formally attested.
- Transfer certificate/ Mark sheets issued abroad (outside UAE) must be attested by the District Education Officer in India / or relevant authority; Indian Consulate in DUBAI and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Sharjah.
- Students coming from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain must get their TC attested from Ministry of Education of the respective countries.
- Students coming from Oman must get their TC attested from Indian Embassy and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Oman.
To register a student in GEMS Millennium School, Sharjah, simply follow the step by step guide below.
Please ensure that you have all of the necessary information to hand, including the student’s:
- Emirates ID
Step 1 – Go to the link provided on the school website. Under ‘Admission’ you will find ‘Enrol Online’. Click on ‘Enrol Online’, or click here.
Step 2 – Select the Academic Year, Grade, and Term from the options provided. The system will then provide the current status of admissions. If admissions are closed for the grade you want, you will not be able to proceed with the process.
Step 3 – Next, you will be asked to confirm the applicant’s background, and their passport and visa details. You should also enter the primary contact details of their Father/Mother/Guardian.
Step 4 – You will then see a preview of the form, and will have the opportunity to amend any of the information. Click Proceed. Your enquiry has been submitted.
- You may use the Tab key on your keyboard to help you move from one field to another in the correct order.
- This symbol * represents mandatory fields that must be completed. The form will not submit unless you do so.
- Contact number: Please insert as follows +971 4 3477770[International code][Regional code][Local number]
- Email: This must be a valid email address as it will be used for all future communications with regard to your child's admission formalities.
- Date of Birth format is dd/mmm/yyyy – e.g. 08/Mar/1999.
- In Primary contact details," Current" refers to the address where the student resides."Permanent" refers to an address typically in your home town/state/country which is not likely to change.
- Declaration-Data protection Act 1998: Your data will be processed by GEMS in accordance with the UAE Data Protection l.
We acknowledge the rights of individuals offering their data, particularly the sensitive personal information gathered during the registration process. Your data will be shared within GEMS Corporate Office and schools for admission and administrative purposes ONLY.
- You will be required to declare that the information you have given is, to the best of your knowledge, true and correct and may be stored and used in accordance with the registration and selection procedures established by GEMS. Please be aware that giving false information will disqualify your application. By ticking the declaration box (as a substitute for your signature), you confirm that you agree to the above declaration.
Student Leave policy
Students will be granted leave only if they fulfill the following criteria:
- Illness that is documented by a doctor’s report certified by official medical authorities.
- Travel outside the UAE for the purpose of accompanying a relative of first degree relation during medical treatment under condition of proof( via an official accredited certificate) a period not exceeding one month during the academic year, extendable through permission of the director of the educational zone or authorized educational authority. Evidence of being outside the country must be testified by the UAE’s embassy in that country.
- Death of a relative (of first and second degree relation) for a maximum period of three days.
- Absence for a period of one or two consecutive days up to a maximum of five days during an academic year for reasons accepted by the school administration.